Recipe by Sharon the Rocket
The best guacamole is made with ripe ingredients and as close to serving time as possible. Parade Magazine 2/22/06
- 3 ripe Hass avocadoes
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup ripe plum tomato, seeded, diced
- 3 tablespoons diced red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Purée one avocado, the lime juice and garlic in a food processor. Use a fork to coarsely mash the remaining avocados in a bowl. Combine all the avocados with the diced tomatoes, onion and cilantro or parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Makes 2 cups. Per tablespoon: 30 calories, 2g carbohydrate, no protein, 3g fat, no cholesterol.