Recipe by Greeny4444
I found a lasagna recipe in my Fix-It-and-Forget-It Cookbook (one of my favorite crock pot cookbooks), and I added and changed a bunch of stuff to it, so I believe it has veered off the original recipe enough to safely call it my own. This is a great way to make lasagna, especially if you don't have a large lasagna pan for the oven. This one is meatless, but you can add 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef or a mix of ground beef and Italian sausage to it in the layers if you'd like. **Make sure you brown any meat before you put it in, though! Cooking time remains the same if you add meat.
- 1 (9 ounce) package lasagna noodles, broken into pieces to fit the crock pot (Barilla no-boil)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (from a jar)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) container low-fat small-curd cottage cheese (or you can use ricotta instead)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Line, with a crock pot liner, or lightly grease your crock pot with cooking spray for easy clean up (I use a 5-quart crock pot).
- In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, onion, the cottage cheese, and the seasonings.
- This is how you should layer the ingredients: 1/3 of the meat (if using), 1/3 of the noodles, 1 can of sauce, 1/3 of the cottage cheese mixture, and 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese.
- Layer all ingredients in the slow cooker (you should have 3 layers, ending with mozzarella cheese), and cover.
- Cook on LOW 7-9 hours or HIGH 3-5 hours.