Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Natural cleaning product from marthastewart.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon castile soap or 1⁄2 teaspoon plant-based liquid soap
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- Pour all ingredients into a spray bottle and shake. Spray onto window and wipe clean with newspaper or a 100 percent cotton cloth.
- Helpful Hint: The liquid soap included in this recipe helps remove any streak-causing wax left on the window from commercial cleaners used in the past. You can eliminate the soap after a few washings.
- Safety note: Always be careful to label containers of homemade cleaners intended for storage and keep them well out of the reach of children.
This is every bit as good as the store bought stuff. Both still leave a few streaks, but this did a good job and you can't beat the price. My windows are sparkling clean now!
I just made my first bottle of Green Window Cleaner and it's great. I've been cleaning the windows and this performs just a good as the old cleaner. Thanks for the alternative that I will be using from now on. :)