Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from a recipe by Kat at OmNomNom on DreamWidth. http://bit.ly/bAeqED
- 3 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- confectioners' sugar, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease and flour a 10" Bundt pan.
- Stir matcha into yogurt until smooth and lump-free; it will be a vivid, bright green. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well to incorporate after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Add 1/3 of flour mixture, and beat on low until combined. Add 1/2 of yogurt and beat until combined. Add 1/2 of remaining flour and beat until combined. Add remaining yogurt and beat until combined. Add remaining flour. Beat until just combined, then increase speed to medium-high and beat 2-3 minutes.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pan (it will be very thick). Bake in preheated oven 1 hour or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove from pan and leave on a rack until completely cooled. Dust top with confectioner's sugar.