- 1 1⁄4 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon green tea powder (matcha)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the icing sugar, ground almonds and matcha together into a bowl.
- Beat the egg whites until just stiff.
- Beat in the sugar until just stiff.
- Fold the almond mixture into the egg white mixture.
- Pour the batter into small discs on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Let sit for an hour so that a thin layer forms on the outside.
- Bake in a preheated 325F oven for 10-11 minutes.
- Let cool and then fill with filling.