Prep 9 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe in the box of a bottle of Tabasco Green Sauce
- 4 flour tortillas (6- to 7-inch)
- 1 ripe tomatoes, diced (about ¾ cup)
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco jalapeno sauce, divided
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup diced ham
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1 tablespoon unsalted margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and place them in a 300°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Combine the tomato and 1 tablespoon of the Tabasco Green Sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with salt and pepper, and then stir in the green onion and ham.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add the butter and heat until melted, tilting the pan to cover the bottom and sides.
- Quickly add the egg mixture and cook until the eggs begin to set; push the cooked portions to the side, allowing the uncooked egg to run to the bottom of the pan.
- When the eggs are cooked but still soft, sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce evenly over the surface and top with cheese.
- Remove from the heat and divide among the tortillas.
- Roll up the tortillas and serve immediately.
We really like this. It was very flavorful and not real difficult to prepare. Really liked the tomato/tabasco mix. We used it on tacos instead of plain tomatoes and it added a real nice spicy flavor to them. We will be making this again.