- 1 cup green tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno peppers or 1 chili pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 scallions, green and white parts,cut into l-inch lengths
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine green tomatoes, pepper, garlic, scallions and water in a 4-cup glass measure or small microwave safe mixing bowl.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave at High for two minutes.
- Let stand one minute.
- Pick plastic to release steam.
- Remove from oven and uncover carefully.
- Scape into a blender or food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.