Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The dressing for this salad has to refrigerate for at least 8 hours (this is not included in the preparation time). Recipe is from taste of Home.
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first nine ingredients; shake well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Divide the salad greens, tomatoes and mushrooms among eight salad plates.
- Shake dressing; drizzle over salads.
LOVED this. Brought to a family gathering. They polished it ALL off (never happens) and people were going back for seconds. Score!
I loved, loved, loved this dressing! I was out of green onions so subbed in diced red onion. Such a wonderful combination of flavors. Served it over a simple salad of romaine, celery and carrots. Great!
This is a great salad dressing, and the ingredient for the salad are simple but perfect to bring out the flavors of the dressing. As previously stated, the 8 hours marinating is the key! You will not be disappointed. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.