- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold and unsalted, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 ounces medium cheddar, coarsely grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in medium bowl. Blend in butter, using fingertips, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in cheese and green onions. Add buttermilk and stir just until combined.
- Drop dough in 12 equal portions about 2" apart on buttered baking sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden.