Recipe by TexasToast R
This is a fun holiday recipe (especially Christmas or St. Patrick's Day) originally from the cookbook "Honest Pretzels." I made a few small changes and additions to the recipe. We love them! They are very pepperminty.
Top Review by anniesnomsblog
Such a fun recipe! I've never baked with sugar crystals actually inside my cookies before, but it totally worked and made these super green! Love that you don't need an electric mixer or anything; so easy to whip up by hand! I took the advise to pop a Hershey's Kiss in the centre with a couple minutes left of baking and they turned out great!
- 1⁄2 cup real butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint, extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) jar green sugar crystals
- Hershey chocolate kisses, chocolate chips or white chocolate chips, for decorating
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Mix melted butter, sugar, peppermint extract and vanilla extract. Mix in beaten egg and milk and stir well.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt and jar of green sugar crystals.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir gently until well mixed. Using small cookie scoop or hands, form small balls (about 1 inch). Place on prepared baking tray (they can be close, but not touching).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. If desired, take out a few minutes before the baking time is up, decorate the tops with kisses or chips and bake for a couple minutes more.
- Cool on a wire rack, then enjoy! These cookies taste best after cooling to room temperature.