Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fun holiday recipe (especially Christmas or St. Patrick's Day) originally from the cookbook "Honest Pretzels." I made a few small changes and additions to the recipe. We love them! They are very pepperminty.
- 1⁄2 cup real butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint, extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) jar green sugar crystals
- Hershey chocolate kisses, chocolate chips or white chocolate chips, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Mix melted butter, sugar, peppermint extract and vanilla extract. Mix in beaten egg and milk and stir well.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt and jar of green sugar crystals.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir gently until well mixed. Using small cookie scoop or hands, form small balls (about 1 inch). Place on prepared baking tray (they can be close, but not touching).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. If desired, take out a few minutes before the baking time is up, decorate the tops with kisses or chips and bake for a couple minutes more.
- Cool on a wire rack, then enjoy! These cookies taste best after cooling to room temperature.