Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
According to The Joy of Cooking, "this creamy, herby dressing was invented at the historic Palace Hotel in San Fransisco in the 1920s in honor of William Archer's hit play, The Green Goddess."
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh chives (minced scallions can be substituted)
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 anchovy fillets, rinsed, patted dry and minced
- salt and pepper
- Stir all ingredients together until well blended.
- Taste and add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
I used anchovie paste , worked just fine nice recipe thanks Jim.....
fantasic!! Wow! tastes great with fish. I had no anchovies so added a tsp of olive oil and served with a mixed leaf green salad and avacodo
Delish! I can't say enough good things. Followed the directions pretty much exactly (rare for me). Tastes even better when it sits overnight.