1/1 Photo of Green Chili Quiche (Microwave)
I haven't made this yet but thought it would be great when there is no time to cook but need something quick. Served with a tossed salad this would be a complete Sunday night supper or a great dish for brunch. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (November 1982)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle Montery Jack cheese and 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese evenly over the pie shell.
- 2Sprinkle green chilies (except for 2 tablespoons of green chilies) over the cheese.
- 3In a microsafe bowl combine half and half, salt and cumin and then cook on high for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens. DO NOT BOIL.
- 4Whisk cream mixture into eggs, blending well.
- 5Pour mixture into pie shell.
- 6Sprinkle with remaining cheese (1/2 cup) and chilies (2 tablespoons).
- 7Cook on medium (50% power) for 12-13 minutes or until set, turning dish halfway through cooking.
- 8Transfer to broiler and cook briefly (1-2 minutes) to brown.
- 9Let stand 2-3 minutes before slicing into wedges.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chili Quiche (Microwave)
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.0
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 248.3 mg
- Sodium 861.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 27.2 g