I haven't made this yet but thought it would be great when there is no time to cook but need something quick. Served with a tossed salad this would be a complete Sunday night supper or a great dish for brunch. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (November 1982)
- Sprinkle Montery Jack cheese and 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese evenly over the pie shell.
- Sprinkle green chilies (except for 2 tablespoons of green chilies) over the cheese.
- In a microsafe bowl combine half and half, salt and cumin and then cook on high for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens. DO NOT BOIL.
- Whisk cream mixture into eggs, blending well.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese (1/2 cup) and chilies (2 tablespoons).
- Cook on medium (50% power) for 12-13 minutes or until set, turning dish halfway through cooking.
- Transfer to broiler and cook briefly (1-2 minutes) to brown.
- Let stand 2-3 minutes before slicing into wedges.