Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had this dish at a barbecue where everyone raved about how good it was. This is my best attempt to re-create it.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (you can use regular cream cheese if you prefer)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can French fried onion rings
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- In a saucepan, combine both cans of corn, green chilies, cream cheese and cheddar cheese and cook over medium high heat until cheeses are melted. Stir frequently.
- Once the cheese are melted pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Top the casserole with the dried onion rings and bake for another 5 minutes.