Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Scottsdale, AZ. Serve as a side dish for steak or as an entree by adding some chopped, cooked chicken.
- 1 whole fresh poblano chile
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh poblano chile
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh corn kernels or 1⁄2 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups freshly cooked macaroni (about 2/3 c. dried)
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese (hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese)
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Char whole chile directly over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Transfer to paper bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel, seed, and coarsely chop chile. Transfer to processor; puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup chopped chile, bell pepper, onion and garlic. Saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Add corn; stir 1 minutes.
- Add cream and chile puree' bring to boil. Add cooked macaroni and grated cheese; stir until cheese melts and mixture is heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Not the recipe they used in the resturant. This recipie is a very small batch and does not look or taste anything like the dish served in the Scottsdale resturant. I have been to the Roaring Fork many times and I like the Green Chile Mac and Cheese. This recipie doesn't even have any Green Chile in it and Green Chile is the star of this dish! I would like to see the real recipe.