Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe in Albuquerque Journal in the late 80's. Have been making these great potatoes ever since! Hope you enjoy.
- 3 carrots, peeled & quartered
- 8 medium potatoes, cleaned & quartered (not peeled)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green chili pepper (fresh frozen preferred but canned would work too)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine carrots & potatoes and cover with water.
- Bring to boil and cook until tender.
- Drain water and coarsely mash.
- Preheat oven to 200.
- Add remaining ingredients and mash til desire smoothness is achieved.
- Keep warm in oven til serving.
- I have made these EARLY in the morning and then reheated slowly in oven.
- Pretty hot -- control the heat with the Tabasco -- these are also just as good on Day 2!