Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great side dish from Gourmet magazine.
Make and share this Green Beans, Toasted Pecans, and Blue Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl whisk together mustard, vinegar, shallot, and 1/2 tablespoon oil to make dressing.
- In a small heavy skillet heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and saute pecans with salt to taste, stirring frequently, until a shade darker, about 1 minute.
- Transfer nuts to paper towels to drain and cool.
- Coarsely chop nuts.
- Have ready a bowl of ice and cold water.
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water blanch beans until just tender, about 3 minutes, and drain in a colander.
- Transfer beans to ice water, stirring until just cool.
- Drain beans well and add to dressing.
- Crumble blue cheese over beans and gently toss with half of nuts and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve beans at room temperature topped with remaining nuts.
I tried this both ways, hot and at room temp. I preferred it hot, with the blue cheese slighltly melting over the green beans. I did not chill the green beans. Excellent green bean dish! Thanks for sharing. Made for your win in Football tag!
Really delicious green bean dish. I used champagne vinegar, left the pecans in halves, and did not chill the beans. The overall result was a fantastic combination of flavors - a real keeper!
This is a delicious salad! I love the flavors of the dressing with the toasted pecans and blue cheese ~ I wasn't sure I'd like beans that were not hot, but I do! Made for Summer Photo Tag, June 2012.