1/2 Photos of Green Beans, Toasted Pecans, and Blue Cheese
Great side dish from Gourmet magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl whisk together mustard, vinegar, shallot, and 1/2 tablespoon oil to make dressing.
- 2In a small heavy skillet heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and saute pecans with salt to taste, stirring frequently, until a shade darker, about 1 minute.
- 3Transfer nuts to paper towels to drain and cool.
- 4Coarsely chop nuts.
- 5Have ready a bowl of ice and cold water.
- 6In a large saucepan of boiling salted water blanch beans until just tender, about 3 minutes, and drain in a colander.
- 7Transfer beans to ice water, stirring until just cool.
- 8Drain beans well and add to dressing.
- 9Crumble blue cheese over beans and gently toss with half of nuts and salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Serve beans at room temperature topped with remaining nuts.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans, Toasted Pecans, and Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.2
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 315.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 10.2 g