Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Tasty, Easy and Healthy side dish from SparkPeople.com.
Top Review by Geema
Simply delicious. I liked being able to add those nutritious onions to make this veggie dish even healthier and wish I had some fresh parsley to keep the recipe intact. This is an excellent, yet simple side dish.
- 1 lb fresh green beans or 1 lb frozen green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- If using fresh green beans, cook green beans in boiling water for 10-12 minutes or steam for 2-3 minutes until barely fork tender. Drain well. If using frozen green beans, thaw first.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté onion until golden.
- Stir in green beans, salt and pepper. Heat through.
- Toss with parsley before serving.