Prep 30 mins
Cook 13 mins
Adapted from Rick Rodgers' Celebrations 101.
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3⁄4 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add in the beans and cook for about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Rinse well under cold running water and drain.
- Spread beans out on paper towels and pat dry; let cool completely.
- Spread pecans out on a baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet on the center rack in a 350° oven.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until toasted and fragrant.
- Let cool completely.
- Coarsely chop 1/4 cup of the pecans and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of pecans, balsamic vinegar, and red wine vinegar to the container of an electric blender.
- With the blender running, gradually add the oil to make a smooth vinaigrette.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the green beans with the vinaigrette in a large bowl.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl; sprinkle with reserved chopped pecans.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This is a fifteen star salad dressing. I can't imagine anything it wouldn't be absolutely delicious over. It certainly was wonderful over fresh green beans.