Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Light, refreshing summer side dish. Great for picnics and barbeques.
Make and share this Green Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb young green beans, steamed just until done
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled,seeded,and diced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine all the vegetables in a bowl and chill thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with the parsley.
- Dissolve salt to taste in the vinegar, and add a pinch or two of pepper.
- Slowly drizzle the oil into the vinegar, whisking, until it is combined.
- Pour over the vegetables and toss.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if desired.
- Serve chilled.