1/1 Photo of Green Bean Casserole
Chef #1802881821's Note:
We've received many requests for savory recipes with our coconut butter products so we happily experimented in our kitchen and came up with some decadent dishes! This green bean casserole is a staple in Thanksgiving dinner and we were thrilled to create our own version featuring our Macadamia Nut Cookie! Creamy and decadent, it's exactly what you would crave in Thanksgiving comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325. Cut onions into fine slices and saute until crispy and brown in small saucepan with 1 tbs butter.
- 2Process Macadamia Nuts and Almond flour until finely ground and combined. Add mixture to browned onions for topping. Set topping mix aside.
- 3In medium saucepan, melt the remaining butter and sauté mushrooms.
- 4Add 1/2 Cup coconut milk, Macadamia Nut Cookie, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the mix and stir.
- 5Add whisked egg yolks and stir. If the mix needs liquid add the remaining 1/4 Cup of coconut milk to create a creamy texture.
- 6In a baking dish place green beans (drain first!) and add creamy mushroom sauce, then top off with onion mix and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy with turkey!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (2851 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2209.0
- Calories from Fat 1460
- Total Fat 162.2 g
- Saturated Fat 90.6 g
- Cholesterol 908.0 mg
- Sodium 900.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 175.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 70.3 g
- Sugars 43.7 g
- Protein 55.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: