Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This green bean casserole is a family tradition. My grandmother makes this every Thanksgiving. Absolutely the best! Simple and easy, but the flavor is so good!
- Combine soup, milk and pepper in a 1 1/2 qt baking dish; stir until blended.
- Stir in beans and 2/3 cup fried onions.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup fried onions.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until onions are golden.
Always delicious! I precook the green beans with onion and garlic. Plus I crisp up the french fried onions in the microwave for a few seconds prior to mixing them in with the rest of the ingredients to keep them from getting too mushy while cooking.
This is the recipe I go to when making green bean casserole, except I add a couple of dashes of soy sauce. The addition of that makes all the difference.
First time I have made this, and it's really good. Love the crunch of the fried onions! On the can it said if you want more crunch add another cup of fried onions, so I did. Yummy!Thanks for the recipe!