Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
The title says it all!!! VERY good!! You may want to double the dressing!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, cut in half crosswise
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 large tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 hard-cooked egg white, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 hard-cooked egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pimento stuffed olive
- 1 tablespoon olive juice, from above olives
- 3 large parsley sprigs
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- For salad:.
- Cook green beans in boiling water just til they turn bright green, rinse immediately under cold water, drain well.
- Place green beans, and rest of salad ingredients into large salad bowl and toss with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add lettuce and olive dressing, toss well.
- For dressing:.
- Process everything but oils in food processor or blender til blended.
- Slowly add oils, process til smooth.
- Makes about 1 cup dressing.
Something different and delicious. We have had it several times now and it's great with the fresh green beans!
I don't remember if I already posted a review, but I don't see it here, so I guess not! :-) Okay...so this was the supporting member of my delightful Spanish meal tonight. And s/he/it surely wins the trophy! DH wants me to award 10 stars--it's just so good! I didn't use a whole onion (we have an affirmed onion-hater in our midst), and only a half tomato, but otherwise, followed to a T. The dressing is out-of-this-world good! *Made for ZWT3 Spanish Adventure*
This was good. Next time I will double the ingredients for the dressing except for the oils. Thank you for posting.