It is very fluffy and the lemon scent in this dish is refreshing. For more healthy gluten-free recipes, please visit my blog, www.InnerHarmonyNutrition.com.
- olive oil, for greasing
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup dill weed, stems removed
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup gluten-free flour or 1⁄3 cup rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (I used flaxseed milk) or 1 1⁄2 cups nondairy milk (I used flaxseed milk)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (from one lemon)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C Spray a soufflé dish with olive oil.
- Cook the green beans in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Purée the beans and dill in a food processor or blender. Add egg yolks and blend.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Add flour and whisk. Add milk and whisk.
- Cook for a few minutes until it becomes creamy. Do not let it boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix the green bean mixture, white sauce, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and zest.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites into stiff peaks and fold in the green bean mixture.
- Transfer into the greased souffle dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350°F/180°C and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Infuse love and serve immediately.