Recipe by Jolene Green
This is one of my favorite pasta dishes, very yummy! I cant remember where I found the recipe but the recipe says to serve as an appetizer, we eat it as a main meal
- 12 ounces green and white fettuccine, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil or 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 red bell peppers, roasted and cut into strips or 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into thin strips
- 3 cups arugula leaves, rinsed and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 1⁄2 cup fresh goat cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Saute shallots, red pepper flakes and garlic, about 2 minutes.
- Add roasted red peppers and simmer 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add arugula leaves, basil and chopped parsley.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pasta and toss lightly.
- Add goat cheese and stir thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.