Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
This is a great side dish you can barbecue while you're out there grillin'
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 zucchini, both the same length
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 pita bread
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- Soak 4 wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the feta in 1 1/2 inch cubes (12pcs), place them on a plate.
- In a small bowl beat the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper,.
- Pour over the cheese, cover with plastic wrap and refridgerate for one hour.
- Slice the zucchine lenth wise into long thin slices, I use my manolin for this.
- Wrap the feta cubes with the zucchini slices.
- Thread the zucchini wrapped cheese and cherry tomatoes alterating on a skewer. (3feta, 2 tomato).
- Place on a preheated grill for 3-4 minutes per side basting with the left over marinade.
- Toast Pita slightly on the grill then cut into wedges(1/8's) and serve with pita wedges and tomato sauces or salsa.