Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can't make authentic tiramisu without using mascarpone. However, I found a way to cut calories and fat without sacrificing taste by substituting nonfat Greek style yogurt for the heavy cream in most recipes. It gives a rich texture, subtle tang and the extra protein is a bonus! I used a round 8" souffle dish but if you use a square pan, you might need a few more ladyfingers. This is very quick to make but you have to be patient with the chilling time. If I make it late in the evening, I am not tempted to eat it until the next day!
- Mix the coffee and brandy in a shallow bowl.
- Quickly dip half the ladyfingers in the coffee mixture, turning to coat them but not so much that they get soggy.
- Arrange in one layer over bottom of your pan.
- Beat mascarpone with confectioners sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in yogurt and vanilla extract until well mixed with mascarpone.
- Spoon mascarpone yogurt mixture over the ladyfingers in pan and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle half the grated chocolate over the top.
- Dip the remaining ladyfingers in coffee mixture and arrange over the top.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate evenly over the top of the ladyfingers.
- Chill for four hours or overnight.