Recipe by Annacia
A delicious, and authentic, refreshing pie for the hot summer months. It can be served with whipped or ice cream if you wish. Mmmm! Found on Authentic Greek Food: Greek food as it's cooked in Greece. Very easy!
- 12 sheets phyllo pastry
- 250 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 250 g greek strained yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 600 ml water
- 250 g sugar
- grated rind from 2 orange
Directions See How It's Made
- Leave the sheets of filo pastry out, separated and uncovered, to dry for a few hours.
- Crumble the sheets of filo.
- Put the olive oil and eggs in a mixing bowl and whisk well with a metal whisker.
- Add the yoghurt and baking powder and continue whisking until you have a smooth cream.
- Add the crumbled filo pastry and mix in well with your hands.
- Put in an oven dish and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes until it turns a golden colour.
- In the meantime, prepare the syrup – boil the syrup ingredients in a pan for 5 minutes.
- After removing the pie, once it is cold, cut into portions and spread the warm syrup on top.