Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of those quick tasty recipes which we enjoyed at a friends recently. It is very important that you do not overcook the chicken. I have also tried with with halibut and it tasted wonderful.
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- black pepper
- 2 small plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red peppers
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Prehead oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a well greased baking dish just big enough to fit the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle chicken with freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- In a bowl, toss together tomatoes, bell pepper, parsley, oregano, garlic and feta.
- Spoon over chicken and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- P.S. More seasoning can be added to suit individual tastes.
I really like this. I cut my chicken up into bite sized pieces before cooking. Added yellow pepper and 1/2 an onion too. Also I used a can of diced tomatoes instead of fresh. The feta is the best part!
LOVED the simplicity, Satisfied "greek craving" today for ME! Used roasted red peppers as had on hand, TRUE! OOMPAH! Now where's the ouzo too? lol THANKS!
Hubby and I loved this! Super easy and yummy. I doubled the amount of tomatoes and peppers and added a yellow pepper as well for color. Will definitely make this again!