Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
Manicotti in lemon yogurt sauce stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes, feta, chicken, kalamata olives and spinach.
- 14 manicotti
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken breasts, and chopped
- 1 cup fresh Baby Spinach, chopped
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped small
- 1⁄2 cup feta, crumbled
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and minced
- 1⁄3 cup Italian parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (or more)
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
Toppings and Garnish
- top with more feta or mozzarella cheese
- 1 dash italian seasoning (optional)
- garnish with remaining parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook manicotti noodles as per directions, but just undercooked so they are easy to handle and won't split easy upon stuffing.
- Mix together chicken, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, Feta cheese, half of the Italian parsley, olive oil, Italian seasoning, black pepper and garlic. Add salt if desired.
- Stuff filling into noodles with small spoon so they don't break and they fill completely.
- Mix together yogurt, heavy cream, chicken stock. Pour into saucepan and allow to simmer and reduce down. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and salt. Remove from heat.
- Place some sauce on the bottom of baking dish.
- Line dish with stuffed noodles and pour remaining sauce over.
- Sprinkle with Feta or mozzarella cheese.
- Garnish with remaining parsley.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes until bubbling.