Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from a restaurant that I worked at a few years ago. The cook told me how he makes it. I'm sure there are other versions of this but I LOVE this one! No salt or additional spices are needed, the seasoning I used has plenty of flavor. I don't really measure anything in this recipe, you pretty much put your preferences, but then there really isn't any measuring needed. This meal is great with a salad and garlic bread. ENJOY!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 -4 tablespoons cavender's all-purpose all purpose Greek seasoning (can be found in your grocery store on the spice isle)
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, any color variety, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 4 -8 slices provolone cheese (depends on how much cheese you like)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sprinkle Cavender's seasoning on each piece of chicken, front and back. Do not over season, as the flavor may be too strong, but adjust according to your tastes.
- Slice mushrooms, peppers and onion. Brown veggies in butter, to desired doneness, set aside.
- In skillet, heat oil and butter on medium heat and brown the chicken breasts coated with seasoning. Cover and cook slowly until done. Heat may have to be adjusted down to allow cooking all the way through without burning.
- When chicken is cooked, top each piece with the vegetable mixture.
- Top each chicken piece with 1 or 2 slices of provolone cheese.
- Heat on low until cheese is melted.
I love just about anything with Greek seasoning, so I knew I would like this. Was going to shred the provolone, but at the last minute I couldn't find my grater, so I just tore the cheese into strips so the red bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms were visible. Thanks for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs (Around the World theme).