Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From Papadakis Taverna - San Pedro, California.
Make and share this Greek Patates recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large baking pan place the peeled and quartered potatoes (add enough potatoes so that they fill the pan up, 3/4-inch from the top).
- Sprinkle on the onions, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, lemon juice, and vegetable oil.
- Add enough water so that the potatoes are just covered.
- Stir the ingredients together very thoroughly so that everything is well mixed.
- Bake the potato mixture for 45 minutes.
- Carefully stir the ingredients together so that they are re-mixed.
- Bake the potatoes for another 45 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon.
Fabulous potatoes!!! These were a great side dish to our spicy pork tenderloin and green beans!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and had to sub red skinned potatoes. I got started on dinner a little later then usual, so to speed things up, I pre-cooked the potatoes in the microwave, dotted them with some butter and salt/pepper, on high for about 5 minutes. This cut the baking time in half for me. I then followed the rest of the recipe as it is stated. They had a nice roasted crust on the top and very tender taters underneath with a wonderful lemon flavor!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 9.
5 stars and dee-licious! I borrowed diners cooking method and was more than happy with the plated Patates. :D
So lemony! I forgot three onions and parboiled the potatoes to for down the time - also halved the recipe - perfect for my zwt 9 Greek feast!