Recipe by Shannon Holmes
This is so good, the perfect combination of kalmata olives, tomatoes, garlic, basil and olive oil with pasta.
Top Review by BrendaGNGa
Shannon, thank you for posting this recipe, it is exactly what I was looking for. It really is a perfect combination of olives, fresh tomatoes, basil and other wonderful stuff.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs plum tomatoes
- 4 -8 ounces sargento feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 25 Greek olives, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb similar pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and core tomatoes, cutting off stems and removing seeds (a grapefruit knife is handy for this procedure).
- Dice tomatoes and put into a large mixing bowl with crumbled feta, basil, garlic, olives, and olive oil, mixing gently but thoroughly.
- When each ingredient is coated with olive oil, splash on the balsamic vinegar.
- Allow to develop at room temperature for about 20- 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling water, drain, and put back into dry cooking pot immediately.
- Toss the fresh sauce in with steaming pasta; cover, let stand for 3- 5 minutes.
- "Deliciousserved with warm, fresh French bread or rolls.
- Serve and Enjoy!