Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A blend of mushrooms, tomatoes and rissoni with a swirl of feta. From Family Health Networks
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups orzo pasta (rissoni if you can find it)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, Italian-style
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 lb mushroom, fresh white sliced
- 1 ounce reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add mushroom. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and mushrooms just release their liquid (about 6 minutes).
- Stir in rissoni, tomatoes, chicken soup and water. Simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until rissoni is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed (about 9 minutes).
- Stir in Feta cheese and serve immediately.
This makes a really tatsty side, easy to make & friendly for kids and picky eaters..one to make again. Thanks!
This dish was delicious! A perfect mix of ingredients. You'd never guess it was actually good for you. My 21 month old grandson ate a bowl full and loved it. It rates 5 stars for that alone....but Nana loved it too. I made a half recipe, and that made plenty for 3 servings. I think the whole recipe would easily serve 6 persons. Unfortunately my camera battery was dead, and there were no left overs to take a shot later. Made for PAC Fall 2009.