Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Leftovers are great for sandwiches.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive, chopped (green or black)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (puree)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients just until well combined but not overmixed.
- In 13x9 metal baking pan, shape meat mixture into 9x5 inch loaf.
- Bake meat loaf 1 hour approx, drain fat half way through cooking, if needed.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
I made this into individual meatloaves and they were terrific! I love Mediterranean ingredients. I always think I don't like mint (in any form), but actually I do! Thanks for posting. This will certainly be made again.
This is my favorite meatloaf. We started buying half a lamb every year. I wasn't sure what to do with the ground lamb. So off I went to search out yummy things to make. I have made this several times now and it always is a delight for those I share it with. Super easy but oh so tasty. Thank you for sharing this.