Greek Gyro Meatloaf With Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
I found this recipe on the side of a gyro mix box. So quick and easy! For the gyro mix, use a boxed brand that has couscous as the main ingredient. I used a loaf pan when making this because it held form better that way.
- Ready In:
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) box casbah brand gyro mix
- 1 1 lb tofu or 1 lb ground lamb
Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- 2 cups plain yogurt or 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peeled seeded cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried mint (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine meat and gyro mix in a bowl, mix together well with hands (if using tofu, let rest 10 minutes after mixing before next step).
- Form into a loaf shape and place in a loaf or baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until meat is cooked.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Serve loaf with sauce.
- For Vegetarian use only the Tofu.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation