1/1 Photo of Greek Lemon Cupcakes With Greek Yogurt and Olive Oil.
These cupcakes are based on a Greek cake made with yogurt called yiaourtopita, which translates into yogurt pie but is basically a syrupy yogurt cake. This version is lighter; has fewer eggs and does not contain butter. From the blog olivetomato
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Preheat oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees Celsius),and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- 3In a large bowl mix sugar and olive oil, add the eggs and mix.
- 4Add the yogurt, lemon peel and lemon juice and mix well.
- 5In another bowl blend flour with baking powder.Add the flour ½ a cup at a time to the batter while mixing.
- 6Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 7Let them cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and remove and let them cool completely. When cool drizzle with glaze.
- 8Lemon Glaze.
- 9Add powdered sugar to lemon juice stirring with a spoon until you have a thick consistency that is pourable. The ratio is about ½ cup powdered sugar for every tablespoon of lemon juice. Start with the smaller amount and make more if needed.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Lemon Cupcakes With Greek Yogurt and Olive Oil.
Serving Size: 1 (1033 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.0
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 134.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: