Recipe by Sara 76
From the 2004 Food & Wine calendar. The recipe notes say to team it with a glass of Orlando St Helga Riesling...but in my opinion it would go great with an icy cold glass of retsina :) The servings are based on an entree size.
- 4 kipfler potatoes, sliced into 5mm slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 8 baby octopus, cleaned and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1 bunch rocket
- 4 tablespoons of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potato slices in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 2 minutes and drain thoroughly.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add garlic and potatoes and saute until potatoes are light golden.
- Char-grill or BBQ the octopus until opaque. (Don't over cook as the octopus will continue to cook after it is removed from the heat).
- Combine warm octopus and potatoes with lemon juice, olives, rocket and herbs.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges.