1/3 Photos of Greek Flatbread
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 40 mins
A few simple ingredients give you one amazing bread. You can also add your own mixture of herbs into this bread... maybe a bit of oregano or coriander?
My Private Note
large f ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the flour, salt and yeast together and then stir in the warm water and olive oil to make a soft dough.
- 2Transfer to a floured surface and knead for five minutes until springy, using extra flour if it's too sticky.
- 3Shape into a ball, brush over a little more oil, cover and leave to rise in a warm place until it doubles in size.
- 4This should take about an hour.
- 5Knead again on a floured surface and divide into six pieces, rolling each chunk into a ball.
- 6Leave to rise for 10 minutes.
- 7Preheat the oven to 240 C or 475 F.
- 8Meanwhile, roll the balls flat until they're only 3mm or 1/8 of an inch thick and about 17cm or 7 inches across.
- 9Place on greased baking sheets, cover with a tea towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- 10Spray the dough with water and bake for two minutes.
- 11Check to make sure they haven't gone hard and if not, bake for a couple minutes more.
- 12You want them firm but not hard or brown.
- 13Remove from the oven and serve immediately with dips or as a wrap for all sorts of fillings.
- 14Great with kebabs!
- 15If you must serve them later, you can brush them lightly with oil and then reheat them by briefly heating them in a frying pan.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Flatbread
Serving Size: 1 (840 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 390.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.0 g