Prep1 hr 40 mins
A few simple ingredients give you one amazing bread. You can also add your own mixture of herbs into this bread... maybe a bit of oregano or coriander?
- Mix the flour, salt and yeast together and then stir in the warm water and olive oil to make a soft dough.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead for five minutes until springy, using extra flour if it's too sticky.
- Shape into a ball, brush over a little more oil, cover and leave to rise in a warm place until it doubles in size.
- This should take about an hour.
- Knead again on a floured surface and divide into six pieces, rolling each chunk into a ball.
- Leave to rise for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 240 C or 475 F.
- Meanwhile, roll the balls flat until they're only 3mm or 1/8 of an inch thick and about 17cm or 7 inches across.
- Place on greased baking sheets, cover with a tea towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Spray the dough with water and bake for two minutes.
- Check to make sure they haven't gone hard and if not, bake for a couple minutes more.
- You want them firm but not hard or brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with dips or as a wrap for all sorts of fillings.
- Great with kebabs!
- If you must serve them later, you can brush them lightly with oil and then reheat them by briefly heating them in a frying pan.