Recipe by Dropbear
The hard long work pays off, I got it from a chef mate and he got it off his grandma. he tells a story of his grandfathers aussie neighbours couldn't believe he would cook up very cheap fish bait (baby octopus) for his family. that was untill he tried it, and my family has been eating it ever since.
- 1 kg baby octopus
- 300 ml water
- 60 g chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 g butter
- 50 ml cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 shallots
- cognac, to taste
For the marinade
- 300 ml olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the octopus and garlic in a pot with water and bring to boil.
- Add baking soda and simmer for 40 minutes.
- To prepare the marinade;.
- In a bowl add 300ml of olive oil, juice of one lemon and lime, salt.
- and pepper.
- When the octopus is tender rinse it in cold water.
- Place in the.
- marinade and leave overnight.
- The following day, grill on a hot plate until lightly coloured.
- Flambé cognac in a fry pan, add the butter and slowly melt, whisking.
- Add a touch of cream and worcestershire sauce and whisk.
- till they are all combined.
- Finish with shallots.
- Serve on a bed of rice with the cognac sauce poured all over.