Prep 2 hrs
Cook 2 hrs 50 mins
WARNING!!! this is a huge dish. our families concoction. this is truly very rich and tasty. meat loaf with carbs and veggies and moisture and taste. i like it because of how delicious and easy, but it is very labor intensive preparing and cooking and then eating brings the family closer together.
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, drained and dried
- 2 cups of finely chopped collard greens or 2 cups mustard greens or 2 cups spinach, whatever, etc
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 2 slices bread, by hand made into tiny crumbs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin 1/16 inch
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pam cooking spray
- Purchase groud beef as lean and cheap as you can find.
- Put all the dry seasonings and soup mix into a bowl including boullion and whisk around until all those seasonings are thoroughly mixed.
- Put all the vegetables and mushrooms in a large bowl. Add tablespoon water. Cover with plastic wrap. microwave for 3 minutes.
- Put milk, ketchup, maple syrup, eggs in a bowl and whisk to a mix thoroughly until well blended. This is the sauce.
- Hand tear 2 slices bread into teeny tiny pieces in a bowl.
- Place 3 pounds ground beef in a large mixing bowl.
- Hand mix in breadcrumbs into meat until well blended.
- Then hand mix in dry seasonings into meat- breadcrumb mixture.
- Hand mix in vegetables and mushrooms into meat, etc.
- Hand mix in half of the sauce - egg, milk, ketchup, maple syrup mixture. Save half of that mixture for later.
- By hand mix, mix, mix, mix.
- Spray pam onto large casserole dish and place that dish into a larger dish that might collect spills.
- Place loaf mixture into large casserole dish and form into loaf shape.
- Make a deep depression in the middle of the loaf long ways. Pour the reserved half of the sauce into the depression in the meat loaf.
- Cover with aluminun foil and place into oven preheated to 400°. Once all settles reduce heat to 350°. Cook for 2 hours. remove foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before the t-rexes are allowed to attack.