Recipe by Trinkets
This was created by my late MIL, Lizzie. Very healthy, pretty, and delicious. Accent with whatever fresh herbs you have in your garden at the moment, dill, fennel, tarragon, thyme, basil....
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 bunch green onion, green tops only
- 1 bunch fresh flat leaf parsley
- 4 celery ribs
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 1 quart water
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons cream of wheat
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 1st 8 ingredients into pot and simmer for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are very soft.
- Puree with stick blender or in blender, season to taste, again, with salt and pepper.
- Add cream of wheat and mix well.
- Serve hot or cold with a dollop of sour cream.