From great great aunt Jessie's recipe scrapbook -- this one comes from The Louisville Times and is dated November 13, 1952. The rest of her page consisted of how to roast a turkey and make stuffing. I figured 50's version was not as exciting to share but this recipe looked interesting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mash potatoes.
- 2Add egg, milk, salt and shortening.
- 3Mix thoroughly.
- 4Form into 3 inch patties and roll in bread crumbs.
- 5Place in shallow, greased baking pan.
- 6Bake in moderate oven (400°F) for 15 minutes.
- 7In the meantime combine orange juice, rind and sugar in saucepan.
- 8Boil gently 5 minutes.
- 9Add cranberries and cook 5 minutes longer.
- 10Place spoonfuls of cranberry-orange sauce over each patty and continue to bake 5 minutes longer.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Great Great Aunt Jessie's 1940's Cranberry Sweet Potato Patties
Serving Size: 1 (1710 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.2
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 417.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g