Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from a local community cookbook called 2 Points of View. The salad was good but it made a ton of dressing. Might want to halve the dressing. Cook time is actually chill time. The 2nd lettuce should be leaf lettuce, but the site changes it to 'leaves'.
- 1⁄2 head bibb lettuce
- 1⁄2 head leaves lettuce
- 1 (15 ounce) can grapefruits, drained
- 1 pint strawberry, washed and dried
- 1 large walla walla onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Wash, dry and chill lettuce.
- Do same to strawberries in separate container.
- Drain and chill grapefruit.
- Combine lettuce and onion in large salad serving bowl.
- Add grapefruit sections, strawberries and dressing.
- Toss and serve immediately.
- Grapefruit sections may be cut in half if too large.