Top Review by carole in orlando
I made this dressing the other day and it is lovely. I don't care for grapefruit, but was given some and found the same recipe in the Florida Citrus Council site. It is not overpowering with grapefruit flavor, and I put it on a tossed salad and really enjoyed it. It is a light dressing and versatile. Carole
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grapefruit peel, finely shredded
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups salad oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl stir together the honey, grapefruit peel, grapefruit juice, salt, and nutmeg.
- Gradually beat in salad oil.
- Stir in poppy seed.
- Transfer to a screw-top jar; cover and chill until serving time.
- Shake well before using.
- Serve over fruit or tossed salads.