1/1 Photo of Grapefruit-Honey Chicken
Based on a recipe in Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express. If you like ideas, rather than step-by-step instructions with precise quantities, it's an excellent book. This takes a little effort, but it's worth it. Consider all quantities to be approximately true, since I didn't write anything down when I was making this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Begin heating 2-3 tbsp of olive oil in a pan (enough to cover the bottom) over medium heat. Begin boiling water for pasta on another range unit.
- 2Crack the egg into a mixing bowl and beat.
- 3Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap, and pound them out to about 1/2" thickness.
- 4(Optional) Slice chicken breasts into more "manageable" pieces. I went for roughly 4"x3" pieces. I ended up with about 8 of these.
- 5Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the breadcrumbs.
- 6Fry the chicken until golden brown (3-5 minutes per side, depending on your oven/pan). Dry the chicken on paper towels to remove the excess oil.
- 7The water for the pasta should be boiling at this point. Add the pasta and cook until desired tenderness. When done, put in a bowl and mix in butter/margarine.
- 8Drain the pan of most of the olive oil, leaving perhaps 1 tablespoons Turn the heat down to medium-low.
- 9Mince the garlic and add it to the pan and cook until soft and beginning to brown.
- 10Squeeze the juice of both grapefruits into the pan and add in the honey.
- 11Simmer and reduce until desired consistency.
- 12Presentation: Put a bed of pasta on the plate. Top with 2 of the pieces of chicken. Drizzle the chicken and pasta with some of the sauce. Top with chopped fresh parsley and shredded Parmesan cheese. I also sprinkled some crushed red pepper on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grapefruit-Honey Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 745.1
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 127.9 mg
- Sodium 549.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 36.9 g