Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe out of an old 1934 baking soda cookbook. I love to try different pancake mixes and this one sounded delicious. Now I'll be raiding the other cereals (Bran Flakes, etc.) to try the different variations. Enjoy with you favorite syrups or toppings!
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup grape-nuts flakes cereal
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Mix well the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Combine the egg and milk.
- Gradually add to the flour mixture.
- Stirring only until smooth.
- Add Grape-Nuts Flakes and butter.
- Cook on hot, greased griddle.