I got this recipe from Good Eats (Alton Brown). I looks like a good recipe, easy to make.
Make and share this Granola Bars (Good Eats) recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces old fashioned oats, approximately 2 cups
- 1 1⁄2 ounces raw sunflower seeds, approximately 1/2 cup
- 3 ounces sliced almonds, approximately 1 cup
- 1 1⁄2 ounces wheat germ, approximately 1/2 cup
- 6 ounces honey, approximately 1/2 cup
- 1 3⁄4 ounces dark brown sugar, approximately 1/4 cup packed
- 1 ounce unsalted butter, plus extra for pan
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 1⁄2 ounces chopped dried fruit (any combination) or 6 1⁄2 ounces dried apricots (any combination) or 6 1⁄2 ounces dried cherries (any combination) or 6 1⁄2 ounces dried blueberries (any combination)
- Butter a 9x9-inch glass baking dish and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, and wheat germ onto a half-sheet pan. Place in the oven and toast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, combine the honey, brown sugar, butter, extract and salt in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until the brown sugar has completely dissolved.
- Once the oat mixture is done, remove it from the oven and reduce the heat to 300°F Immediately add the oat mixture to the liquid mixture, add the dried fruit, and stir to combine. Turn mixture out into the prepared baking dish and press down, evenly distributing the mixture in the dish and place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container for up to a week.