Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These I have tried & are easy and good the DH takes them in his lunch & because they are homeade no preservatives.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup other dried fruits
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 (175 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 325° and line a 15x10-inch.
- pan (or 13x9 if you want them thicker) with foil, greased.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, nuts, raisins, sunflower seeds, chips condensd milk& butter, mix well.
- Press into pan evenly.
- Bake 25-30 minute or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly.
- Remove from pan & peel off foil.
- Cut into bars.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- Makes 36 bars depending how you cut them.
These are so quick and easy and substitutes are easily made. I've made many varieties of this recipe so far. So yummy!
This was such an easy recipe! I loved it. I didn't use the chocolate chips because I wanted to be able to travel with them and didn't want to worry about them melting. I added 1/2 cup flaxseed meal as well. I also listened to other reviews and used parchment paper instead of foil and it didn't stick at all. Great recipe!
Love this versatile recipe! I added Sam's whole wheat cereal w/ flax seeds for an extra crunch and healthy kick. Also used low-fat condensed milk. Additionally we like it a little crunchier, so I've baked it at 350 and I've found that baking it on parchment paper works great, it stuck horribly to the foil for me.