Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These I have tried & are easy and good the DH takes them in his lunch & because they are homeade no preservatives.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup other dried fruits
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 (175 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 325° and line a 15x10-inch.
- pan (or 13x9 if you want them thicker) with foil, greased.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, nuts, raisins, sunflower seeds, chips condensd milk& butter, mix well.
- Press into pan evenly.
- Bake 25-30 minute or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly.
- Remove from pan & peel off foil.
- Cut into bars.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- Makes 36 bars depending how you cut them.
This was such an easy recipe! I loved it. I didn't use the chocolate chips because I wanted to be able to travel with them and didn't want to worry about them melting. I added 1/2 cup flaxseed meal as well. I also listened to other reviews and used parchment paper instead of foil and it didn't stick at all. Great recipe!
Love this versatile recipe! I added Sam's whole wheat cereal w/ flax seeds for an extra crunch and healthy kick. Also used low-fat condensed milk. Additionally we like it a little crunchier, so I've baked it at 350 and I've found that baking it on parchment paper works great, it stuck horribly to the foil for me.
I used th egg white substitution in place of the butter to lower the fat content but had to have the chocolate! I also used dried sweetened cranberries for my dried fruit and chopped my own Brazil nut for the chopped nuts. The chocolate was cheaper to buy in a big bar and cut into pieces as oppsed to buy chocolate drops but if money's not a problem the drops are less hassle! Passed this recipe on to a friend as I think it's fantastic and I'm addicted to them now! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. Kate x