Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from the heart of Palestine, was and the tastiest that I have ever tried. try for yourself
- Soak garbanzos overnight in 2 liters of water.
- Next morning, drain.
- Place in a large pot, cover and water, add 1 Tbs salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- Put in food processor as follows: Place garbanzos in container and process until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Peel the onion, cut into chunks and place in container along with parsley and garlic.
- Process until finely chopped.
- Add onion mixture.
- Stir in spices, mixing well.
- Add bread crumbs until mixture is firm enough to hold a shape.
- Shape mixture into 1" balls.
- Fry in deep hot oil until light brown and crisp.
Tasty one, best ever Falafel I tried. Thank you Nader.
This recipe was very tasty we had a dinner party and these falafels were delicious!