Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are THE BEST scotcharoos. Granny Nanny is very explicit on not using lite karo syrup, lite peanut butter, or generic krispy cereals; "it just doesn't taste the same".
- 6 cups kellogg's Rice Krispies
- 1 cup Karo syrup (the one with the red label)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Skippy creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Put 6 cups of Rice Krispies in a large bowl.
- Measure 1 cup of peanut butter and set aside.
- Put 1 cup sugar and 1 cup of syrup in a medium sauce pan. Stir together. Then turn on heat to medium, maybe just a little bit higher, but not on high.
- Keep stirring the sugar and syrup until it starts to feel thinner. You will notice little bubbles form on the side of the pan. keep stirring. As you see the little bubbles form and it feels thinner. turn off the heat and add the peanut butter and stir til smooth.
- Pour peanut butter/sugar/syrup mixture over the Rice Krispies. Stir until completely mixed.
- Put in a 9 x 13 ungreased pan.
- Put the chocolate and botterscotch chips in a microwavable bowl. Microwave the chips for one minute. Stir until smooth.
- Spread melted chips over the Rice Krispies.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.